cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX20 / GM10 Data Logger - Configuration Settings through LabVIEW Drivers

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

is there anyone tried using configure VIs provided in GM10 & GX20 Intruments Drivers (GX Series)? 

Such as, 

--- Configure AI Module.vi

--- Configure Channel (TC Normal).vi

I can manually configure my datalogger for AI, with Range -> Type as TC, Range as T, Span Lower & Upper.

But when I try to set it through Configure Channel (TC Normal). Vi, it doesn't work,

it threw following error: 

Code: -1074001903

Source: ->Response Check->Send Message Normal Check->Configure Channel (TC Normal)

Appreciate any leads to configure the instruments through LabVIEW.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(335 Views)

There seems to be an instrument driver here - https://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=21909

Hope that  helps,

Craig

Message 2 of 7
(314 Views)

I used the exact same instrument driver, but no luck. I got a error message mentioned in original post.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(281 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GRamy

Have you tried running just the examples that come with the driver?  How are you connecting to the instrument? (RS232, RS422, Ethernet, bluetooth?)

What do you see when you run in debugging mode?  Where in the driver VIs does it fail?

Post your code and picture of the error in the appropriate part of the VI.

Craig

Message 4 of 7
(271 Views)

@GRamy wrote:

I used the exact same instrument driver, but no luck. I got a error message mentioned in original post.

Post a link to the programming manual.   And a snippet of your code.

With that I can usually find out where the developer of the device driver misread the FW engineering team's intentions. 

Of course,  when you have the device and the documentation,  those mistakes are usually self evident.   (Give me a little room to make some money by reading them for you)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 5 of 7
(261 Views)

With other hardware in the past (not this one specifically) I find that I sometimes get error like this when the driver sends several setup commands followed by an error query, and then this error is from that error query returning a result.

When that's the case, it usually means that one of the commands that was recently sent caused an error, and you need to figure out which one.  I've done this before by changing the VI from "set value, set value, set value, set value, check for errors" to "set value, check for errors, set value, check for errors, set value, check for errors, set value, check for errors" and then seeing which of those value settings causes the error.  That at least gives you something more specific to check on.

Once you find the setting that causes an error, then you can hopefully check the documentation for that setting and see what the problem is.  It may be that you're putting in a set point that is disallowed due to the current state of the device or is outside of the setting bounds.

Message 6 of 7
(256 Views)

Craig,

Examples given doesnt have features like set AI module, range, etc. 

When I create a another VI similar to examples with configuration VIs after initialization,  it works.  Earlier I ran the init, config, read separately.

Thanks for your time and support here.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(251 Views)