LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW not recognizing VIs in my palette in LabVIEW 2021 32bit

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there any way I can point those question marks to the correct libraries?  I've used LabVIEW for years but never played around with the menus/function palettes.

1.png

It seems to be pointing to the correct files when I try to find them via the palette editor.

2.png

3.png

When I right-click a VI in the palette, and try to open it, it gives this error:

4.png

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(154 Views)

What happens if you try to add the subVIs to the palette?

Do your user libraries have any licensing?

Have you tried using the Read Palette VI?

dsbNI_0-1728095796130.png

If none of those steps yields any new information, please attach the menu file.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(125 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cwoolly

The ULx functions are the Universal Library functions for Measurement Computing Corporation (MCC) DAQ hardware, nowadays part of Digilent, which is a subsidiary of National Instruments.

You need to install the Universal Library from MCC. You will need to install the ULx Drivers for LabVIEW support and of course a compatible MCC DAQ board. This library won't work with NI hardware or any other hardware than MCC boards. If you properly installed this already you will need to contact Digilent support. Even though it is an NI subsidiary the NI engineers often don't have any experience with this hardware.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 3 of 6
(88 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

The ULx functions are the Universal Library functions for Measurement Computing Corporation (MCC) DAQ hardware, nowadays part of Digilent, which is a subsidiary of National Instruments.

You need to install the Universal Library from MCC. You will need to install the ULx Drivers for LabVIEW support and of course a compatible MCC DAQ board. This library won't work with NI hardware or any other hardware than MCC boards. If you properly installed this already you will need to contact Digilent support. Even though it is an NI subsidiary the NI engineers often don't have any experience with this hardware.

I have contacted them, and I'm still hoping they'll reply, but I thought this would be a good place to ask since this seems like a general enough issue.  I don't have issues with the VIs themselves or their boards, just being able to access the VIs via the palette.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(65 Views)

dsb@NI wrote:

What happens if you try to add the subVIs to the palette?

Do your user libraries have any licensing?

Have you tried using the Read Palette VI?

dsbNI_0-1728095796130.png

If none of those steps yields any new information, please attach the menu file.

I tried adding the VIs to the palette, but it gave me the same results.  The palette is actually a collection of library files, and I'm wondering if that's part of the issue.  This is the link to the company's forums where I first posted this question, and they have the menu file available for download right there.  I'm not sure if I can post the VIs or libraries themselves.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(60 Views)

Okay, oddly enough, I was able to get this working in LabVIEW 2016 32bit by just adding the .mnu file.  Is it possible that it's an issue with having multiple versions of LabVIEW installed on my system at once or maybe an issue with LV2021 itself?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(52 Views)