LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPL with dependency on its own library

I regularly encounter an issue where a built PPL will have a dependency on the .lvlib it was created from. Working in 24Q1. (e.g. if I add the PPL to a project by itself, the .lvlib will show up under dependencies.)

Obviously, this shouldn't occur.  And I can usually get around it by doing a series of cleanup steps (clear cache and then through scripting wipe mutation history, replace all VIMs with themselves, replace all class constants/controls with themselves, etc...).  But then after a bit more development the issue will just happen again.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?  Any suggestions for not having this continue to happen?  I'd post code, but it's difficult to consistently reproduce, and I can't share this codebase.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(219 Views)

@_carl wrote:

And I can usually get around it by doing a series of cleanup steps (clear cache and then through scripting wipe mutation history...).

We really need to convince NI of this idea: Make Class Mutation History Optional 

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(195 Views)

I have not seen this issue despite moving all of my stuff to 2024Q1.  But I will say that NI is specifically working with a large customer to fix their PPL build issues.  I am not sure when we will see these fixes, but I suspect many will be squashed in 2024Q3 and even more in 2025Q1 (assuming there is a 2025Q1 release, NI has already announced there will be a 2024Q3).  This is my speculation and does not hold NI to any promises I may have implied.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(194 Views)