LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse engineering build specifications

I am a novice who inherited an existing 32-bit LabVIEW 2017 project which includes build specifications. I copied the code to a new location, made a minor change to the vi, confirmed that the vi runs as expected, then used the copied build specifications to make a new build. The only change to the copied build specifications is a new Destination Directory. There were no errors during the build, but the resulting exe doesn't run. My new Builds > Data folder is missing some files that are present in the original Builds > Data folder, including dll's needed for the exe to run. In the original, the dll's are in a folder 'MyProject Support' that is separate from the folder containing the lvproj and vi's. I can't find 'MyProject Support' mentioned anywhere in the original build specification. Where in the build specification should it say "copy files in MyProject Support to the Builds > Data folder"?

Or should I simply copy the dll's manually into my Builds > Data folder? It's quite possible that the original author did that. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(243 Views)

See Including Supporting Files in the Same Directory as the .exe File When Building an Executable?

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(194 Views)