LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Device not recognized in VISA Resource in Labview Linux

I am trying to run a lab view program in linux and the usbs are not being recognized in the visa resource box. I tried doing lsusb and it shows my devices, means the computer is able to recognize the devices but lab view not.

I designed my program in a windows computer in which everything is working fine, but now when I use the same program in a linux system it is not. Could someone please help me with this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(185 Views)

What sort of USB device is that?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(174 Views)

Its syringe pumps that I need to control through labview.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(149 Views)

@arya00007 wrote:

Its syringe pumps that I need to control through labview.

I was actually more interested in how they connect: As virtual serial port, T&M measurement device, HID device? Do you have to install a special driver on Windows to make it available as a device that VISA can see?

USB is a low level protocol. On top of that there is a device specific protocol specification. Some devices behave as a mass control device, others as a mouse or keyboard, then you have devices that behave as a serial port or a video camera or .... Each of these has its own distinct USB class and device protocol. NI VISA only can access USB-TMC (Test & Measurement Class) devices directly without any other intermediate driver. For USB-CDC (Communications Device Class aka virtual serial ports) there must be a driver in the OS that installs this device as a standard serial port on the OS (TTY device on Linux).

Can you show what lsusb reports for these pumps?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(136 Views)