cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO 9047: Property/Invoke nodes return bad Library refnum

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm having an issue with the cRIO and I'm not sure what I'm missing. Searching discussions and googling has not yielded an answer for me, so hopefully someone here knows what's going on.

I'm using Labview 2021 SP1 (32bit), deploying to the cRIO 9047.

I'm trying to pull a reference to a library on the cRIO 9047. The code works as expected when run on my PC, but not on the cRIO. My goal is to get the library references that are in the application. This is where I'm having an issue:

amosbuchananoi_1-1687457904432.png

I'm filtering a list of lvlibs as expected and trying to get the owned items in the libraries. Works on the PC, but on the cRIO the `Get Ref By Qualified Name` invoke always returns a bad refnum.

In testing, I tried the following more basic test:

amosbuchananoi_2-1687457983584.png

And here again, the library refnum is always bad. What am I missing? Is it not possible to get library refnums on the crio? Is there a setting somewhere I need change that would cause this?

I appreciate any insight as to what's going on. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(974 Views)

Usw proper error handling! All these nodes have drror input and output terminals. And I would bet one of your property nodes is not supported on LabVIEW runtime or realtime or both!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(934 Views)

I stripped out the error nodes so I could have a minimal example. I can say that none of these blocks returns an error; I looked for that though I forgot to mention it above. It works as expected in Windows, both in development and in the run-time. I looked through the documentation and my understanding is that these nodes are supported in a real-time environment, though I will not rule out that I'm misunderstanding the documentation.

amosbuchananoi_0-1687534358589.png

amosbuchananoi_0-1687534486748.png

I am a little unsure about this one. The VI is in a library, but it's also the primary executable so it's possible this doesn't count as being in a library. 

amosbuchananoi_1-1687534591255.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(910 Views)
Solution
Accepted by amosbuchananoi

Followup in case someone else stumbles across this. 

NI followed up with me on this: the documentation is incorrect. 'Get Ref by Qualified Name' is not supported by Labview RTOS.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(840 Views)

@amosbuchananoi wrote:

Followup in case someone else stumbles across this. 

NI followed up with me on this: the documentation is incorrect. 'Get Ref by Qualified Name' is not supported by Labview RTOS.

I'm pretty sure, proper error wire handling would have told you so already a month ago. Manuals can contain errors, and if something doesn't seem to work as documented it is usually the documentation that is wrong. So why not trying to get the runtime information first?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(809 Views)

As previously stated, I checked error outputs and none were reported. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(787 Views)