LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exit sequence

I need a sequence of steps that can be exited if an error is encountered.

I tried using a flat sequence to start with however I found out it's not possible to exit a flat sequence midway.

I then found this article (https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/labview/page/determining-when-to-use-sequence-structures.html)that explains how you can use a case structure with a while loop to create a sequence that can be exited after any step however I've not been able to get it working and I was wondering if anyone know how to fix it or a better way to do this.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Andrea

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(461 Views)

I would prefer a dtate machine over stacked sequences

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(449 Views)

Except for a few rare cases the Sequence Structures should be avoided at all costs. 

A State Machine architecture is probably the most useful architecture to learn when you are first starting out. As most of the advanced architectures are often based on a State Machine or use one inside. Even the popular Producer/Consumer and Queued Message Handler architectures use State Machines in them.  

On closer inspection it looks like you are using a State Machine. 

Are you looking for a way to abort on a user event like pressing an "Abort" button?

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(442 Views)

figured it out, just needed to use the info block of the loop as input to the case structure. However if someone has a better way of doing it please let me know. thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(426 Views)

it's not a stack sequence, I think that the screenshot is too low res, sorry about that

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(424 Views)

I have a bunch of valves that need to open in sequence and I need to ensure that some valves don't open if the pressure is too high. However I got it working, I just had to connect the info box of the loop to the state machine and number each step. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(420 Views)

Your posts dont make sense to me. Consider posting code in the future.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(368 Views)