cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inivisible error: type definition not found or contain errors

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I have a strange error and I don't know how to solve it (because I can not see it).

I had a working program, in a project, but now it shows an error, see image.

The problem is that when I click on the "Show Error" a small empty part on the block diagram is blinking but there is nothing there... it is outside my code part...

Any clues ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(385 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(380 Views)
The typedef is probably placed inside the loop.
Resize the loop to include the small empty part. You might be able to see the typedef.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(367 Views)

Well, I am not that lucky.. I was looking for all parts of the loop, increased it, moved around.. looked in all cases of the state machine there... nothing to be found.

Made a Ctrl+U,... nothing. It drives me crazy (I have a backup but made some modifs after the backup..., so I would like to find the solution)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(359 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nitad54448
You have multiple loops on the diagram. The typedef might be in the other loops.

Delete the loops one by one. See if you still got the error.
George Zou
Message 5 of 8
(353 Views)

OK, got it thanks. I still can not see the type_def (and I had none saved with that name in my project), but I could find the Case where this error was appearing, removed that case and now it's OK.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(345 Views)

There is a way to show hidden objects, but I can't remember what it was.  It sounds like someone may have hidden a control.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(327 Views)

@billko wrote:

There is a way to show hidden objects, but I can't remember what it was.  It sounds like someone may have hidden a control.

1. Press Ctrl-L to bring up the Error Window
  2. Check "Show Warnings"
  3. In the list, find the warning for "object is hidden"
  4. Double click that line.
Message 8 of 8
(283 Views)