LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help with Lissajous plotting simulation

Hello, as per the attached VI project file below I have completed so far, I have been trying to add the options of...

- the speed of the automatic phase shift sweep.

- the way that the settings should be loaded when the VI is run. if there is no configuration file, the application should initialize one.

- the way to build an option to export/import the current settings to/from a file specified by the user.

Could anyone show the correct wiring examples of such required solutions (for both the front panel and block diagram), according to what I have completed so far, please? 

Thank you very much in advance.

ZUMO.

Zumo456_0-1685042872006.pngZumo456_1-1685042899570.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(625 Views)

A simple demo that I made in 15 mins.

You should use INI file as the configuration file type instead. See examples at <LabVIEW>\examples\File IO\Configuration (INI)

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(613 Views)

you can use a .csv or a .ini as suggested, so a user can edit Parameters in a texteditor before starting your application

If you don't need or even want to actively avoid this texteditor option, you can

1# save the Output of  Control Value:Get All Method to a binary file in order to write a configuration file.

Spoiler
alexderjuengere_0-1685097944177.png

2# use Control Value:Set Method to read that configuration file

Spoiler
alexderjuengere_1-1685098026580.png

use dataflow or a sequence structure to assure the read configuration happens before your main code starts processing.

write the configuration e.g. after your main code has finished

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(560 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(512 Views)