LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not able to program voltage high level and voltage low level on tektronix afg3101

Hello,

I'm trying to configure an arbitrary waveform generator Tektronix AFG3101.

I'm using as an example the libraries given by Ni for this instrument to understant how i use the visa system.

I'm able to program the pulse waveform, the burst mode with one cycle, the period, the trigger and to selected the output.

But when i try to configure the pulse with Vmax = 2V and Vlow =0V I'm not successuful and i do not understand why. The generator stays configured with a symmetric pulse.

I'm sending the following commands to the visa write vi:

SOUR1:VOLT:LEV:IMM:HIGH 2V;

and

SOUR1:VOLT:LEV:IMM:LOW 0V;

Does anyone know why these commands are not configured. Is it necessary another configuration prior to this one?

Thanks,

Regards

Isa_San

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,306 Views)

Hi Isa_San,

Are you using LabVIEW to program your instrument? what is the version of your software?

The first step you can do is to download the driver of Tektronix AFG3101 which includes specials examples for your instruments.

Tektronix AFG3101 - Instrument Driver Network

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=7377

Let me know if that works!

Cindy
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,278 Views)

Hi Cindy F.

I have downloaded the drivers, and what i want in fact, I think it is very simple for someone with experience.

I'm using the pc of the university lab, but since it is an old poc we have the labview 2009 oficial version.

I want to configure a pulse waveform in the burst mode with one cycle. Since I want to polarize a ferroelectric I want to send a pulse from 0V to 5V with tektronix and then read the state with a keithley 2400 (this part i think will be no trouble since i already have a functional labview program using gpib functions that i made). Then I need to repeat the procedure but this time the pulse sended by the tektronic will be from 0V to -5V.

WhenI try to configure the Vmax and Vmin it always appers on the tektronic an amplitude value configure from Vpk-pk, which corresponds to a symmetric waveform respectively to zero.

I the drivers from the NI I did not find an example where these parameters were configured like this.

I using visa.vi to try to program the tektronix. I'm sending the program that i have made so far in attachment.

Thanks,

Isabel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,274 Views)

Isa_San,

Can you try to send only this command (not the rest of the program).

Do you see something?

Bye

Cindy
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,269 Views)