LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The interface name given does not specify a valid and existing interface."

Hi nice guys,

I'm trying to use the XNET APIs to set Master task to Slave with LIN protocol. As I have no Experience before, there's something problem like the Interface of the NI USB-8476S can't be detected. The prompted windows presents following infomation:

Error -1074384758 occurred at XNET Create Session (Signal Output Single-point).vi:1

Possible reason(s):

NI-XNET: (Hex 0xBFF6308A) The interface name given does not specify a valid and existing interface. Solution: Use a valid and existing interface. These can be obtained using MAX, XNET system properties, or the LabVIEW XNET Interface IO name. If you are using CompactRIO, refer to the topic "Getting Started with CompactRIO" in the NI-XNET Hardware and Software Help.

but in the NI MAX, the device is detected as "LIN0". Even the interface input control in the NI examples shows the error. But if I take the CAN Frame API, it works well.

Does anyone have some idea. I'm so preciate. Tanks in advance.

best regards

Melo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,244 Views)

Melonetern,

When do you receive these errors?  Does this happen when you try to run your code or our examples?  On top of that, does this error happen immediately or does it take a while?  Is this happening in LabVIEW or another interface?

If you could give us the versions of software you are using as well as the XNET driver versions that would be very helpful.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,210 Views)

I don't think that that hardware, NI USB-8476s, supports XNET.

I know that the counterpart for CAN, USB-8473s, does not support XNET driver.

XNET is only for the new CAN/LIN modules, these "old" blue USB boxes does not the right hardware for XNET.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,200 Views)

Hi Jacobson,

It happens immediately. It happend in LabVIEW2012, and the XNET version is14.5

I would also like to ask if the XNET is suite to the Hardware USB-8476s LIN interface, or it works with specified version, or even don't work with this hardware? And also, the devices to be requiremented in the NI Example Finder doesn't include the USB-8476s.

best regards

Melo

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,199 Views)

I just come up with this conclusion, but just not sure, thanks for your commentray.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,193 Views)

Hello,

I have the same issue: I can see the USB on MAX, nut I'm not able to see it on LabVIEW interface.

I'm using LV 2020 - NI-xNET 20.5.1 and NI CAN 17.0

Regards,

Fabio

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(60 Views)