cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

run a stand-alone VI on a raspberry 4

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I'm a researcher and within a research project i have to send one testing bench to another institution. The data monitoring and acquisition system I have is made up of Modbus I/O modules connected to a desktop PC. However, I would like to run the same VI on a raspberry Pi4 who has wi-fi and ethernet connectivity and it is connected to a 19" touch screen. However, I did not find any specific answer on whether this is possible. The guides knowledge base I found only include the possibility of connecting the Raspberry to Labview but still require the PC to run the VI. Is it possible to create an application that is completely run from the Raspberry or I would always need a PC with LabView installed?

Thanks in advance,

Valeria

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,343 Views)

You can use LabVIEW Community Edition or LabVIEW Hobbyist Toolkit to deploy a rtexe to Raspberry Pi.

See:

Getting Started with Raspberry Pi and LabVIEW Community Edition

Using Raspberry Pi or Arduino with LabVIEW

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,316 Views)

Thanks for the answer.

However, from the guides you mentioned it is not clear whether it is possible to run an application with a GUI on Raspberry, which is what I'm looking for (I need to have a GUI with some buttons to start the program without the need for a pc).

• Valeria 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,287 Views)
Solution
Accepted by valuzza

@valuzza wrote:

Thanks for the answer.

However, from the guides you mentioned it is not clear whether it is possible to run an application with a GUI on Raspberry, which is what I'm looking for (I need to have a GUI with some buttons to start the program without the need for a pc).

The LabVIEW runtime engine on the Raspberry Pi when using the Hobbyist Toolkit is the same as is used to the ARM based RIO hardware from NI. None of theses hardware's has a display output and the runtime engine has no UI capabilities. So no you can not simply display the front panel of a VI on such a target.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 4 of 4
(1,260 Views)