NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shawn_S.

Add Feature to Open TestStand 2012 Examples in Windows Explorer from Help Menu

I'm declining this idea due to lack of community support.

Hello,

Could we add a feature to allow the example programs that ship with TestStand 2012 to open up in Windows Explorer directly after clicking an separate option from the help menu?  Currently a help article comes up with a list of the example programs.  Upon clicking a link on one of the example programs the path to the example relative to the <TestStand Public> folder is revealed.  I think it would be easier from a usability stand point to add the ability to open the examples folder for review straight from the menu. 

NI TestStand Examples.png

Example Programs.png

Cheers!

Shawn S.

Regards,

Shawn S. | NIC
Instrument Driver/IVI PSE
National Instruments
2 Comments
Josh_W
Active Participant

I disagree. Opening the example folders without the help available is a recipe for user confusion.

If the individual example pages were able to open their example folders in an explorer window, that would be helpful. This could be accomplished by the use of the %TestStandPublic% system variable that is created when TestStand is installed to choose the correct path based on the operating system. But I don't know if it is technically possible for a help page to open an explorer window.

Josh W.
Certified TestStand Architect
Formerly blue
WireWeaver
Active Participant
Status changed to: Declined

I'm declining this idea due to lack of community support.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver