NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JouniR

Apply Cluster Passing Changes - Improvements

Modifying names in interface are never good idea, but some times it is must.

No matter is the change made in LabVIEW Front Panel or in TestStand type cluster mapping. Or the cluster type is changed for some other reason. The changes needs to be applied in LabVIEW module call parameters.

When you have multiple sequence files and multiple calls to same VI or with same cluster type in each of them, you would not really want to go trough the steps one by one.

Ideas:

- Cluster mapping changes apllied with LabVIEW Protorype reload

- Cluster mapping changes applied to hole sequence file or/and to all same VI calls in the sequence file

- Need of cluster mapping change applying notified with Analyzer

1 Comment
JouniR

I was experimenting more with this.
First, I was using the following API methods with the following results (Unfortunately I can not share files here):
LabVIEWParameterElement.UpdateClusterMapping -> Error with NULL parameters inside the method execution.

LabVIEWParameterElement.IsClusterMappingInvalid -> Always result of valid
LabVIEWParameterElement.IsParameterMappingValid -> Always result of valid

On these cases the TS Module page was showing that the Cluster variable was ok, but remapping needed. The Cluster element variable names were changed. If manually pressing the Apply Cluster Mapping Changes, all would be good.

Then I started to make verifications for founding and example for Forum post (remaking the type and VI front panel).
That time I found that if the Cluster variable was not ok  (showing red variable name in module call parameter list). Then the IsClusterMappingInvalid did give result of Invalid value. So, I started to understand that method functionality. Also, noted that the Analyzer was giving an error in this case.

Then I worked the case to be more line with the original issue (Cluster variable to be valid, but issue with mapping the sub properties because sub-property name changes. Again the IsClusterMappingInvalid was informing that all was ok.

BUT
, now I was testing the methods in same sequence that I hade the step with issue. After the execution was terminate, I did found out that TS was informing the Cluster parameters to be ok. Not requesting to Apply the Cluster changes. Execution was done if Full Development system. So, in this case the "Apply Cluster Changes" button is nuisance... Not sure how the sequence/call would behave if executing in Base Deployment, possibly error there?

Still, would like to see a function to clear this "Apply Cluster Changes" from whole sequence (without executing it).