NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Raydur

Standardize Undo/Redo keyboard shortcuts

The current keyboard shortcut for Undo in TestStand and LabVIEW is "Ctrl+z", which is pretty standard in most programs.

In TestStand the ReDo shortcut is "Ctrl+y", but in LabVIEW the ReDo shortcut is "Shift+Ctrl+z". Both of these are relatively common among various programs, but it would be nice if the two programs used the same shortcut for such a simple and common task.

In LabVIEW, "Ctrl+y" already does something else (VI History), but in TestStand, "Shift+Ctrl+z" does not seem to have any functionality. This means that "Shift+Ctrl+z" could also be used in TestStand without breaking any backward compatibility ("Ctrl+y" could also cause a Redo action to avoid breaking that functionality for those who are accustomed to it).

Other NI software may benefit from this standardization as well, but I am referring to LabVIEW and TestStand in this post.

I know it's a simple thing, but as much as one switches back and forth between the two integrated programs it would be nice if this was common functionality!

Thanks,

2 Comments
dug9000
NI Employee (retired)

In case you are not aware, the TestStand sequence editor has the ability to customize shorcut keys. Right-click on the toolbar and choose "Customize". You can set redo to Shift+Ctrl+z if you prefer.

Hope this helps,

-Doug

Raydur

Thanks, Doug - I was aware, but I unfortunately have the pleasure of working on a variety of systems. Customizing them all is an option, but since these are all NI programs I was thinking a "common look and feel" concept might be worthwhile.

Regards,