NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create TempReport at the End of the test

Hi everyone,

my MainSequence generates a TestReport, the one i want is the TempReport. But is it possible that the Report is generated at the end of the test and not just after clicking the OK-Button on the UUT Result-window?

The pdf-generation of the report is unfortunately not the perfect format for me so i want to use the file of tempreport because it has the right format.

Thanks everyone

Tobi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,798 Views)

Hi Tobi,

what do you mean by TempReport?

Oli

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,780 Views)

Hi Oli,

It creates the TempReport AFTER running my test run. But only when I confirm with ok and then no longer want a new run. It's the UUT Report tr5expand.
But I would like it to create the TempReport at the end of/during the test run like the PDF report.

I hope you know what i mean.

Thats the TempReport, which is also stored as a temporary .html and its better than the generated PDF because you can expand and collapse the results:

TempReport.png

UUT Report tr5expand.png

Cheers
Tobi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,741 Views)

Or I would now have a different procedure and would execute the mainsequence with the TestStand Operator Interface. But here it does not create a report for me at all. Neither one in .xml form that is always created nor the TempReport that I would like to have.

Why is that so? Isn't there a way to create Reports via the Operator Interface?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,729 Views)

OK, let's clarify some stuff regarding TesStand wording.

If you activate Result Processing 

Oli_Wachno_0-1705918670755.pngOli_Wachno_1-1705918682138.png

the TestStand ProcessModel takes care, that Results are written to file after each UUT executes.

What you see once you Stop Testing when using the Test UUTs entry point is the report of the last UUT tested

Note: you have some options available to configure Report Generation: e.g. to create a file for each UUT each or to append all reports to a single file

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,724 Views)

Yes I know these options. But if im not wrong its only possible to configure the .xml-report.

But the Report i want is the .html-TempReport which is generated right after the test. It is the report which can also be generated as a PDF but in the PDF there is the function of expand/collapse not possible. 

Long story short: I try to generate the .html-Report (not after testing) at the time when the PDF is generated (at the end of the test). Is that possible?

That is generated at the end of the test:

at the end.png

And this is generated after the test:

after the test.png

 The content of the file (pdf - html) is the same but i want the the .html best at the end of the test (not after it), because of the functions (expand/collapse).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,712 Views)

Sorry.... need to ask again

after test == UUT finished

end of the test == all UUTs finished

?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,683 Views)

I only want to test 1 UUT so just 1 runtrough.

I hope the following picture makes it clear.

erklärung.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,663 Views)

Thanks for the clarification!

From what I see, the TempReport.xml is a temporary file which is used for generation / rendering of the PDF.

The handling of this file is executed by the NI ReportGenerator.

There is very little information out there on that one...

BTW.... Have you already tried to set up an XML Report with similar contents compared to TempReport?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,655 Views)