NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error results in UUT Test Pass

When running a test sequence in Operator mode, if a step fails for "Error, visa[...]" or "Error, LabView[...]", the test will exit and in the test result file UUT Result shows the error. However we send the result to our own database and it is showing these as a TEST_PASS, the data is coming from "FileGlobals.TestResult".

jimbobaggies_1-1708963643643.png

My Main Sequence Cleanup is as follows.

jimbobaggies_0-1708963570880.png

Any help greatly appreciated.

LABOR OMNIA VINCIT
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(500 Views)

What is your error handling strategy? Terminate on error?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(465 Views)

I have three levels of login setup, with operator mode when this happened they only had the option to terminate on error.

LABOR OMNIA VINCIT
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(457 Views)

Can you describe, how the FileGlobal Value is logged into the database? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(445 Views)

At the end of main sequence the following cleanup is run...

jimbobaggies_1-1709193253362.png

I then have a PostUUT sequence that calls an executable, the exe sends the test result file to our database along with the result from Cleanup - str(FileGlobals.TestResult) which will be either TEST_PASS, TEST_WARN, or TEST_FAIL.

LABOR OMNIA VINCIT
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(430 Views)

If you are sure, the data is passed correctly from TestStand to the executable, the issue can probably be found somewhere between the exe and the database.

Is there any conversion involved form string to enum? Maybe sth goes wrong there

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(412 Views)

Thanks for your response, but I am sure it is happening prior to this as all that happens in this step is the test status is retrieved from TestStand and passed to the database, the test status is set during the cleanup. I believe it is being incorrectly set when a test is terminated.

LABOR OMNIA VINCIT
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(360 Views)

When trying to debug this, make sure to have SeqEdit configured correctly

Oli_Wachno_0-1710145055710.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(358 Views)