NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview-VI cannot be loaded

Hello,

on a fresh windows 10 computer i installed Teststand 2017 with several LabviewRuntime versions (14.01, 15.01, 16.0, 18.01, 19.01, 21.0)

Then i downloaded a instrument driver and used on of the VIs (Init) i a labview teststep.

But now i get the attached error and the VI cannot be loaded.

What is the reason? When i open the VI on another computer (with a full version of labview installed) then there is no problem. Is the driver missing the VI.lib directory? Do i have to installe labview full version with licencing to get the vi.lib-files?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(860 Views)

It would also be the VIs were saved with "Separate From Compiled" option enabled, which means there is no object data that the runtime engine could use.

What I do is build my LabVIEW code into Packed Project Libraries that TestStand can now call.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(854 Views)

Ok, I just looked at your error image...

You have to set the LabVIEW adapter to match the version of LabVIEW Runtime Engine to the LabVIEW version the VI was last saved in.  I will still go with the suggestion to build your code into a PPL with a version you know and, if you are using a new enough version of LabVIEW, check the "Enable future runtime engine" option on the build.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(850 Views)

Good morning,

is there a way to display what is missing in the VI?

For example there is no NI-VISA installed but the VIS are using the write/read VIs.

And: If the main VI was saved in Labview 2015 - do i also have to install ALL other used NI software in this version? Means - Do i have to use also NI VISA 2015 or will/should it also work when using NI VISA 2020?

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(824 Views)

@OnlyOne wrote:

is there a way to display what is missing in the VI?

For example there is no NI-VISA installed but the VIS are using the write/read VIs.

It would be better to ask this question on LabVIEW forum.

@OnlyOne wrote:

And: If the main VI was saved in Labview 2015 - do i also have to install ALL other used NI software in this version? Means - Do i have to use also NI VISA 2015 or will/should it also work when using NI VISA 2020?

If you have LabVIEW IDE set as the adapter then the "old code" will be recompiled automatically. Of course, your main VI must "see" the dependencies (the referenced VIs must be there).

As a rule of thumb, I do not recommend code management with VIPM packages and stuff like that. If you have your component/library ready, compile it into PPL (as crossrulz already suggested) and keep it with your sequence. This way you will not have to worry about versions that much.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA, CPI

1. Did someone devote their time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos.
  2. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
  3. Contribute to the development of TestStand by voting on the TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(797 Views)