cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI teststand input test failing

Solved!
Go to solution

Good Afternoon,

I am testing with Teststand2017, receiving the same input failure on an entire lot of boards.

The input section on the test has 4 tests.

1.) Test Temperature 1 (t1 helium)

2.) Test Temperature 2

3.) Test Temperature 3 (T3 water in) 

4.) Test Temperature 4 (T2 water out)

The test is constantly failing for 3 & 4. It seems like the test is looping and repeating itself during the temp tests.

I'm wondering why the numbers are off by so much.

Do you know if there are any settings that could affect these readings?

I have heard from some of the testers that this could possibly be a timing issue.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge, this is my first time working with labview/teststand. 

Thank you,

Keith 

keith komar
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(897 Views)

So.... either your code modules return those values causing the tests to fail, or there is some kind of wrong data assigment

Are all your numeric limit tests configured correctly? Are you assigning the measurment from the code module to Step.Result.Numeric and Data Source for evaluation is Step.Result.Numeric?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(863 Views)

Hi,

TestStand will show what it reads.

Was this test passing earlier?

Check the reports and check what was expected and what was read.

It is difficult to give a suggestion based on the inputs received.You must learn how to debug TS and LV.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(859 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 4front

Good Afternoon,

I wanted to update this post with my findings.

I found a suspect connector that traced to the temp sensors, replaced 4 terminals & the connector. This cleaned some of my temp failures up but two failures remained on the 2.5V simulation tests.

I also increased the delay at the 2.5V "simulate to thermocouple" from 4 to 5 seconds.

The 2.5V sim that was reading low increased when I added the delay.

Thank you,

Keith

keith komar
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(805 Views)