NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operator interface does not Tile Executions

I'm running the example  MultiUUT\BatchUUT.seq in TestStand 4.2 and its not tiling the execution windows in the Operator interface.  It its being tiled in the Sequence Editor.

The "Tile Execution Windows" checkbox is checked in the Model Options dialog box.

What else could be causing this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,174 Views)

Tiling is not a feature of the example OIs. They only have one window.

There is an old multiwindow example online that supports tiling.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/3513

I having some trouble with the Visual Studio project for that example. I'll need to look into it. However, I did get it work with VS 2003 and TS 4.2.1.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,154 Views)

Do you have an example for LabVIEW 8.6 and TestStand 4.2?

The example requires VS and TestStand 3.0 and I do not have either.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,149 Views)

Sorry, I see now that you said it would work in TestStand 4.2, but the VS requriement is still not workable for me.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,146 Views)
That example should work with TS 4.2.1, but I don't have a LabVIEW example. If you are trying to make your own LabVIEW multiwindow OI, it might help to examine the source code for this example even if you can't build it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,145 Views)

Again, sorry, but I should have told you what I need to do first.  I need to construct a sequence to run in parallel, and have separate test-step execution windows visible at the same time.  I am not familiar with C#.

Do you have an example that's language independent?  One that runs canned tests?  All i want to know is how to setup TestSTand so that the operator sees two pararallel executions on the screen during exectution.  Just employming the parallel model doesn't do this in the  Operator interface.  But it does work in the sequence editor.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,140 Views)

Whether multiple executions display in one window, multiple windows, or not at all, is a function of the User Interface program. The sequence editor and the C# multi-window example are written to display multiple executions simultaneously in separate windows.

All the other shipping examples are written to display one execution at a time in a single window. I don't know of any other multiwindow UI examples firsthand, but I googled and found this, which might help:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/6139

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,138 Views)
Thanks, but that example is to display multiple versions of the LabVIEW vi's which is not what I'm looking for.  I am looking for a dual display of the TestStand test step execution window.  Is there no other way to do this other than implmenting C/C++, C#, Visual Basic, etc?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,135 Views)
I bet you could implement that in LV too, perhaps even using that link as a starting point. I suppose you'd have to rehost the execution VIs in separate panes on a parent VI or such. I'm not a LV expert, so I should probably stop trying to offer advice at this point....
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,133 Views)

Hey Mike,

Take a look at the BatchUUT example.  It uses the batch process model, but in this example 4 separate test windows open up tiled together.  Is this the functionality you are looking for?  You can find the BatchUUT example at C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand <version>\Examples\MultiUUT

Let me know if that helps at all.

ColeR
Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,097 Views)