NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workspace file documentation

Solved!
Go to solution

I would appreciate some recommendations for instructions on creating workspace files. I looked at the TS reference manual Ch 2 but there isn't much there. 

For instance I would like to know how to add data files, ini files, etc. 

What all goes in a workspace files? I am looking at the system I inherited. Under code modules it lists a few sequence files and under them a few VIs and one VI that is not under a sequence file but there are hundreds of VIs in this project. 

Thanks,

jvh 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,538 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,535 Views)

Thanks, I read that.

BUT even though it talks about adding files to the workspace but I did not see instructions on HOW to add files to the workspace. Other than those automatically added and I am not sure where to place files or VIs to have that happen. 

I really would like to add some data files and other files to the deployment.

Thanks, 

jvh 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,507 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jvh75021
I don't have TestStand here and the exact process escapes me but in the workspace window, you can right click and get a menu to add folders, files, etc.
Message 4 of 6
(3,504 Views)

Thanks, wasn't expecting a quick reply on Saturday! Yup, that works most excellently.

My workspace file (inherited) has some sequence files and a few vis in it, even tho there are hundreds of vis in the project. I wish I knew or knew how to find out what files, sequences, etc, MUST be in the ws file because it seems to have a very small subset of the whole.

Thanks again, Dennis

jvh 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,501 Views)
Depends on how you want to organize things, deploy, and integrate with source code control. I don't have a source control client that works with TestStand so I organize by top level project with all of the specific product sequences and ones I might have to edit. These are also the sequences and files I want to deploy. I'm not sure why the VIs are there because presumably, they would be part of a sequence. Perhaps they are called dynamically. Difficult to say without seeing the whole project. I use LabVIEW but create custom steps with that and no need to have those as part of a project. The step type folder is automatically included in a deployment. If you have top level VIs there, the subVI should be automatically included when you do your deployment build.
Message 6 of 6
(3,496 Views)