NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

single instance of TestStand

TestStand opens multiple times when the shortcut is run.  I want to have 1 instance of TestStand run in the IDE or if the Operator Interface is used.  Is there an ini setting for this?  

I plan to use the OS Task Scheduler and have it run as a service at login.  This will speed up loading of the TestStand and Labview modules.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,185 Views)

Hi,

TestStand is designed to open up multiple instances and not aware of any setting which can stop this.

Unless the shortcut is clicked multiple times i am not sure why its opening multiple instances.

For calling it through OS scheduler please refer this :

https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Upon-Launching-Teststand-I-want-to-open-a-specific-sequence-fi...

Ravo

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,161 Views)

I planned to have the Operator Interface (testexec.exe /operatorInterface) preload a sequence (and Labview) at login.  When the user runs the shortcut to open the sequence, it would appear to open "instantly" instead of loading TS sequence and Labview modules dynamically. (I am using the default loading settings). 

Now that you have confirmed a second instance will open that kills this plan above.  I will try it though and confirm if this is the operation, i.e. a second instance opening.  I thought I saw an error message when I tried the setup saying "a copy of the sequence is already running"... 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,145 Views)

Hi, 

Does the /useexisting command line flag not work for this workflow?

Regards, 

Anand Jain

NI

Configuring Sequence Editor and User Interface Startup Options - TestStand 2019 Help - National Inst...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,139 Views)

Oh OK, I overlooked the /useExisting setting.  It works.  The "Preloading Sequence" window still shows when I run the shortcut though. (I set all Labview steps to "Load When Sequence is Opened").  

It appears the Login pop-up runs ahead of the "Preloading Sequence" window.  Does this prevent "Preloading Sequence" from loading first?

I want TestStand to load Labview steps prior to a user running the shortcut.  What other ways can I work-around a user waiting for the TestStand "Preloading Sequence" window.  The initial load takes many seconds longer to begin loading... the progress bar is at zero.  Once the progress bar starts moving it does go smoothly.  It's the initial long wait I want to speed though or preload.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,134 Views)

The Runtime is slower to load compared to the Labview IDE set as the Adapter.  Use the IDE, if already opened, loading is quick.  The Runtime though persist since it is not preloaded.

So my issue boils down to how do I preload the LV Runtime.exe to execute so that the "Preloading Modules" window loads with similar speed as to the IDE being already opened.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,122 Views)