Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to choose sample fréquency

I have a chart of acquisition for Ni pci-6281M SERIE , my question is how to program  low-pass filter and how to choose the frequency of sampling in mode continuous sampel,  and cut's buffer in éxecution. I usethesoftwareLabVIEWsignalexpress 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,899 Views)

Hi 123M,

You may receive more guidance if you can provide some more detail of your application. What type of signal are you bringing into the 6281 card? Is this from a sensor? If so, what make/model/type of sensor?

As for adding filters in Signal Express, you should read the Signal Express Help file here.

Andy C.

Applications Engineering 

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,882 Views)

Salut Andy-C et je vous remercier beaucoup.  J’ai un capteur de contrôle non destructif  à « courent de Foucault » qui une bobine qui a les caractéristiques suivantes :

nombre de spires =170

le rayon intérieur =2.35mm

le rayon extérieur =4.5mm

hauteur =2.2mm

Je veux acquérir avec la carte pci-6281 une tension et un courant pour un signal d’alimentation :

V=2V valeur efficace

f=100khz fréquence

Ma question est comment choisir le paramètres de cadencement (fréquence d’échantillonnage et la taille d’échantillon à lire) et comment mesurer le courant, logiciel utilisé LabVIEW signalexpress.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,871 Views)

translate in english

Hi Andy-C and I thank you very much. I have a sensor for non-destructive control "eddy current" that a coil that has the following characteristics:
170 = number of turns
the inner radius = 2.35mm
the outer radius = 4.5mm
height = 2.2mm
I want to acquire with the pci-6281 voltage and current for a powersignal:
V = 2V rms
f = 100khz frequency
  My question is how to choose the timing parameters (sampling rate and sample size to read) and how to measure the current. software used LabVIEW signalexpress .

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,864 Views)

For 100kHz use 500kSPS or the max samplerate

Sample length?....

Well, it depends a lot on what you want to measure. 100kHz sine: amplitude and phase?  (
Distortion? Your max samplerate is 625kHz , hardly enougth to capture the 2. and 3. harmonic (300kHz migth be already cut by the aliasing filter)

How fast do you need the result? If you capture a long time your cycle rate is low.

I haven't done eddy current measurements, so my first try would be: capture 20 periodes, use single tone detection and record amplitude, phase* and the RMS of the residual.

*) that would involve that you can sync to your exitation signal

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,849 Views)