LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blurred text in icons

Solved!
Go to solution

After a new windows (win10) installation I also got blurred text in icons.

The solution for me was to copy and install the „Small Fonts“ (wich was’t installed on the new system after a win10 and labview installation) from another working system on the new system.

Here is the „Small Fonts“:

Message 31 of 37
(2,478 Views)

Same situation! After a new windows (win10) installation I also got blurred text in icons.

"Small fonts" was missing on my system to. I installed it and select in icon editor. Now it is working fine. 

Thanks

Message 32 of 37
(2,427 Views)

Me too - new laptop, no "Small Fonts" showing in C:\Windows\Fonts.  I chose to download smalle.fon from the web.  I then "installed" it but still could not see "Small Fonts" in the icon editor.  I wrote "installed" in quotes in the previous sentence because apparently I did the installation incorrectly.  I merely copied smalle.fon from the download folder to C:\Windows\Fonts and got a message saying successfully installed, but still "Small Fonts" was a no-show in the icon editor.  I then right-clicked on the font in C:\Windows\Fonts and selected Properties.  The properties window showed the font location as <my user folder>\Windows\Fonts instead of C:\Windows\Fonts.  I then checked other fonts' property windows and all the ones I checked had the location as C:\Windows\Fonts.  So I right-clicked on the font in C:\Windows\Fonts and selected delete.  Then I went back to the download folder, right-clicked on smalle.fon and selected Install.  I then went back to C:\Windows\Fonts and selected Properties again.  This time the properties window showed C:\Windows\Fonts as the font location.  Then I started LabVIEW, went to the Icon Editor, and there I saw Small Fonts now listed.  I'm all good now!

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 37
(1,731 Views)

Finally solved. Icon editor is just stupid enough. If there is installed more "small fonts" it is able to select only the first one.

- open regedit, go to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts

- delete all small fonts there

- download attached font, unzip and click right button on file - install font

- enjoy...

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 37
(1,502 Views)

This fixed the issue for me. The blurry text only happens on my Lenovo/Win10 notebook. Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 37
(1,037 Views)

how about turning off windows' clear type?

Spoiler
alexderjuengere_1-1695142723240.png

this screenshot is from windows 10

in windows 11, this dialog looks differnet

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 37
(1,023 Views)

I Deleted "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts\Small Fonts" using regedit, I installed (right click, "Install for all users") the smallee.fon from my old Windows10 laptop that had no LabVIEW Icon Editor Blurry Text issue. Problem Solved (for me).

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 37
(1,006 Views)