LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger PXI6571 to PXI4162

Hello, 
I am working on to trigger SMU to start current capture by a pattern burst? Would you be able to give me sample on how to do this. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(83 Views)

Please elaborate more, do you want to capture current at certain locations during a pattern burst of profile the current through the whole pattern burst?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(51 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for responding. Correct. What I am planning to do is if there is a opcode that I can use on digital pattern editor such that when I burst a pattern I can automatically send a PXI trig measure trigger to SMU to start current capture. The reason for this is I need the exact timing and I am capturing really small current pulse. Just wondering if there are examples. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(34 Views)

Here is the high-level concept. See if you can translate this into code,

For this example, let us use event0, PXI_Trig0 and 6571's alias be DPI_6571

• On the NI-Digital side,
    • Use `pulse_signal(event0)` opcode in the vector of the digital pattern
    • Use NI Digital API to configure Export Signal to route the patternOpcodeEvent0 to PXI_Trig0
  • On the NI-DCPower side,
  • Order of execution
    • Configure the SMU, initiate to start supply
    • Configure the 6571 and burst the pattern
    • After pattern execution completion, use the Fetch Multiple VI to read the measured samples from buffer
    • You need revert back the MeasureWhen property of SMU for your regular onDemand measurements to work or it will look for a trigger to measure
Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(14 Views)