NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check deviations on set of Looped data?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm new with Teststand and trying to edit some customer supplied software.  I have a VI set to loop 15 times and check that each reading is within a set of values.  What I also need to do is check all 15 readings so that the deviation from the highest reading to the lowest reading is within a different set of values.  Is there an easy way to do this within the looping options?

Example:

Read X 15 times and check that (X>0 and X<1).  

Check that all 15 readings are within 0.01 of eachother. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,542 Views)

Russ,

The best thing to do would be to store each reading in an array, and then use a step after the looping step to do that test (you could do it entirely in TestStand using the None adapter with a Numeric Limit Step, or you could create a new LabVIEW code module to do that analysis and return a boolean value to a Pass/Fail step).

What version of TestStand are you using?  As long as you have access to the flow control steps (TestStand 3.1 and later), it's recommended to use those (the for loop step, while loop, etc) to make it easier to read the code.  Even so, you would still need to save the measurements to an array to do post-processing as described above.

Eric B.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(3,522 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Russ Cater

Russ,

I have attached simple code for you. As Eric had said you can try doing this in two steps. I have stored the Max and Min measurements in two Locals, Locals.Max and Locals.Min and set the Data Source in the next step to Locals.Max-Locals.Min.

Thanks 

Message 3 of 4
(3,514 Views)
Thanks dudes, works great!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,428 Views)