cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview installer

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to run a project on another laptop which does not have labview. As you can see in the attached pic, I am using a reference of a vi, named "user entry" so that the front panel of this vi shows up .The reference points to existing directory from where the main vi is running. 

When I run the installer and application on another laptop ,it gives me error as it can not find the "user entry" vi. How can I resolve this?

Any help appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(730 Views)

The application builder cannot detect dynamically called VIs.  Therefore you need to tell the application builder to include it.  In the build specification for the executable, you need to put the "user entry.vi" in the "Allways Include" in the "Source Files" category.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(714 Views)

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate.The project file column is greyed out.I could only put the startup file .after that it does not give me any option of choosing any other file.

Can you please help?

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(681 Views)

Is that other VI even part of the project?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(671 Views)

when I click on "Find project item" after right clicking on the project name, it shows me the vi in the list

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(661 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author maccapple

@maccapple wrote:

Screenshot%202024-01-16%20081946

Any help appreciated

Your use of current VI path in an executable is incorrect. See here. Use Application Directory instead!

(Why are there so many wire bends???)

Message 6 of 7
(655 Views)

You nailed it. Thanks.Tried with Application builder and is working. I was kind of aware hat it was not accepting the proper path  when I saw the error pointing to some different long file path for this VI. But was not knowing "Application Directory" can do the job.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(634 Views)