LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Hitesh_Dhola

Improved navigation window

Proper LabVIEW Guidelines can help with modularity and readability of code.

Codes in labview are getting bigger and bigger. It's difficult to manage Block Diagram Without zoom out function. even though in normal code we can use state diagram or another features to compact the code .. but when using FPGA .. It's not possible.

So if Navigation window (CTR ALT N) can edit the diagram or can only copy past , it will be really helpful..

These are screen shot of my codes.. it's really been difficult to manage this now.

23776iE30321A9FC0BE53A23778i0EC72155D6C56868

Regards,

Hitesh Dhola

6 Comments
Knight of NI

Do you have something against using subVIs? Your screenshot, which is barely legible, shows a fair amount of code duplication which could be encapsulated into a subVI. As for the "Codes in labview are getting bigger and bigger" my response is: only if you don't program correctly.

Hitesh_Dhola

No Dear,

I don't have anything against subvi. But in this code all the segments are diffrent then each other.. I can't use subvi. and this is just example.. I have many labview codes in which I used subvis and statediagrams.. and It's still big. May be that is my bad programming skill, but that's the point. Labview claims to be user friendly even to the begginers...

Regards,

Hitesh

Marc Blumentritt

I'm against any "improvement", which supports sloppy programming. If you realize, you cannot work anymore with your code, because it is too big, change your programming style. Graphical programming is about "seeing your code" instead of reading. Your code is too big, therefore you cannot see your code and miss a major advantage of graphical programming.

Search for labview style guides in the internet (or just read the book of Peter Blume).

CLD
G-Money
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined
Proper LabVIEW Guidelines can help with modularity and readability of code.
Hitesh_Dhola

I see Lot's of Suggestion From my good friends, I am not against following guidlines or making code Readable. or compacting it using subvis. I have already stated my problem in my previous post. I am using FPGA. I want to output unique signal on each DIO and Take Input unique signal on each DIO. It seems like repeatative code but it's not. I can not put subvi in that.

May be I am doing it wrong, OR may be It's not possible.

So, Please for a moment , stop being so harsh and look at the possiblity of a Labview limitation, which can be further improved.

I am uploading one latest version of the code.

Hitesh_Dhola

Sorry I think, Idea is already declined , so I can not Upload a file