LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X.

Creating a control/indicator from a Formula Node input/output variable should preserve this variable's name

This is more of a bug report than an idea suggestion (although the boundary between both is sometimes tenuous).

When creating a Formula Node input or output variable, the name of a control or indicator created by Right-clicking the terminal is "input variable" or "output variable":

ScreenHunter_001.jpg

It should be named after the variable it is connected to. In the example above, I would expect "delta".

Shouldn't be difficult to do, the Mathscript node does things right:

ScreenHunter_003.jpg

PS: don't tell me I don't need to declare the output variables in the formula node. I know. I just created the latter for debugging purpose, which reminded me to post this overdue bug report.

6 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Filed as CAR 347958. Closing idea. 

MaryH
Status changed to: Completed

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

Thanks!

Andrey_Dmitriev
Trusted Enthusiast

Strange, in LabVIEW 2013 I still see this behaviour. Is this really completed, or planned for 2014 or something is wrong?

FormulaNode.png

Smiley Sad

crossrulz
Knight of NI

I don't think this has actually been done.  This has been documented as a CAR since this is more of a bug than a change request.  The status of this idea should really be "Declined" instead of "Completed".

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

It is not completed and I hope it is not declined. But like you can only kudo ideas, I guess you can only categorize ideas as "Completed", "Declined", "In Development" "In Beta" or "Duplicate".

Being able to vote for the idea (by not closing it) might - in principle - keep the pressure on NI. Not.