LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beavercreek

Explain Changes window, add save checkbox

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined. 

I often click the List Unsaved Changes... link mostly because I need to see the full path of an item and its diffrences in order to determine if I want to keep the new version.  I then have to return to the Save Changes Before Closing? dialog box with a mental note of the vi's to keep (more often than not my mental note has a short time to live).  The idea I'm suggesting is to be able to mark which vi's to save right in the Explain Changes window.  Such as (current vs proposed):

ExplainChangesDialog.PNG

2 Comments
tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

I do kind of like this idea, but I want to point you to this idea.

First, the idea itself alleviates some of the issue. Second, near the end of the second page of comments, AQ refers to a feature being worked on which will remove all the "fake" changes from this dialog and will only keep VIs which have actually been changed. If and when this feature is implemented, it should negate a lot of the need for your ideas, since only VIs with actual changes will appear in the list.

Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined.